Congratulations to Audio Technica! Their ATH-M60X Professional Monitor headphones have received our Best Headphones of NAB 2018 award. These studio headphones offer an impressive amount of clarity throughout an extended frequency range, using the same proprietary 45 mm large-aperture divers found in the ATH-M50X headphones.
The ATH-M60X are low-profile closed-back, on-ear headphones, offering “excellent isolation and fit” according to Audio Technica. They also features a low-impedance design that is said to deliver high output level from any headphone output.
The earpads are made out of memory foam, so they should be fairly comfortable to wear, even after a few hours. The earpads and headband also detach so they can be replaced if something happens to them or they wear down.
The headphones come with three interchangeable cables: 1.2 m - 3.0 m coiled, 3.0 m straight and 1.2 m straight – each with a 3.5 mm (1/8") mini-plug. The set also comes with a 6.3 mm (1/4”) screw-on adapter and a protective carrying pouch.
- Type: Closed-back dynamic
- Driver Diameter: 45 mm
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Voice Coil: CCAW (Copper-clad aluminum wire)
- Frequency Response: 15 - 28,000 Hz
- Maximum Input Power: 1,600 mW at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity: 102 dB
- Impedance: 38 ohms
- Weight 200 g (7.1 oz), without cable and connector
- Cable: Interchangeable cables: detachable 1.2 m - 3.0 m (3.9' - 9.8') coiled cable, detachable 3.0 m (9.8') straight cable and detachable 1.2 m (3.9') straight cable
- Accessories Included: Protective carrying pouch, 6.3 mm (1/4") screw-on adapter
Pricing and Availability
Audio-Technica’s ATH-M60x Headphones will be available July 2018 for 199 dollars. Go to audio-technica.com to learn more.