Fujifilm has not only just announced a completely new mirrorless digital camera called the X-45; they’ve also unveiled the first Z-series power zoom lens: the Fujinon XC15-45mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS PZ. The X-45, paired with XC15-45mm, is the lightest camera-zoom lens combo in the X-series lineup, according to Fujifilm, and the X-45 is set to host a number of new and improved features when compared to its predecessor, the X-A3, including faster autofocus and 4K video.
Designed with a retro-styled look, the X-45 has a 24.2-megapixel APS-C (non-X-Trans) sensor along with an on-chip detection that makes its phase detection autofocus twice as fast as the X-A3. Its ISO sensitivity range is now also ISO 12800 and can be extended up to ISO 51200.
And Fujifilm also promises better skin tone reproduction and subject recognition, but its burst shooting speeds are still the same as the X-A3 at 6 fps.
Additionally, Fujifilm has added two new filter functions: “Fog Removal” and “HDR Art.”
X-45 supports 4K … sort of
While it’s true that the X-45 does now also offer 4K video capture, it’s limited to 15 fps and it can only last for five minutes max.
However, on the brighter side, if you switch to HD, it will be able to capture 1080p at up to 59.94 fps.
XC15-45mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS PZ lens
The XC15-45mm is Fujifilm’s first motorized power zoom lens, and it seems like it’s going to be one of their most lightweight zooms as well; it weighs only 136g.
And when compared to Fujifilm’s ultrawide primes, like the 14mm f/2.8, Fujifilm customers may find that the XC15-45mm, with its 15mm wide end, to be an inexpensive alternative.
Tech specs for the X-45
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and newly developed processor equipped with phase detectionAF system
- 3” (approx. 1,040K-dot) high resolution LCD touchscreen using new touch-panel GUI can be tilted to 180°
- Standard output sensitivity of ISO200 – ISO12800
- 4K video recording up to approx. 5 mins
- Bluetooth version 4.1 low energy technology
- In-camera RAW processing
- New Advanced Filters: “Fog Remove” and “HDR Art”
- Wi-Fi image transfer and remote camera operation
- Improved battery life for still images – approx. 450 frames
- Improved start-up period
- Photos can be sent to instax SHARE printers using the free instax SHARE App (iOS and Android)
Pricing and Availability
The X-A5 will start shipping on February 8th for $599 along with the XC15-45mm lens. The lens will also be available by itself in February for $299.